Friday, October 09, 2009

The Katie Present



Yes grandparents. It has come in the mail. And as expected, it is a huge hit.
They are my old set of Fashion Plates.
I loved these things as a kid, and had such memories of spending hours making different looking girls and coloring them in with my colored pencils.
So tonight when they came in the mail, I ripped the paper off a crayon, showed Katie how to set up a picture and showed her how to rub the image onto the paper. I think her exact words were "WOW!" And there she sat for the next hour and a half until bed. She made several dolls. Coloring them in and cutting them out like paper dolls. I found her at bedtime playing with them in her room, and she wants a shoe box to store her creations in.
I envision, many more hours of happiness await this toy!

3 comments:

Celeste Creates said...

Oh, I always wanted a set! Now I really do!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found after I crawled back by the furnace on the toy shelf. I had to stand on my toes and stretch to get them by I was determine to fine them. Just looking at her face fills me with joy. It was worth all the searching. Glad you love them Kate. Love Grandma Cele

Aunt Lisa and DAYNA said...

I remember I had a set too although I don't think it was as big as the one displayed. It was one of my favorite toys as a young girl too. Thanks for posting. This was a flash from my past and I hope I will remember it when it comes time for Dayna to enjoy the Fashion Plates (hope they have a version of this on Amazon(?)...). Glad you love them too Katie.