Monday, June 16, 2008

Land of the Prehistoric Insects

My husband says we live in the land of the prehistoric insects, and I think he may be right.

You know how they have those children's toys that are rubber or plastic bugs and the bugs are huge and you laugh and think they are disgusting. Literally that is what this crazy place has.

3 to 4 inch roaches

Big fat Junebugs

And yesterday, on our way out to lunch, we saw a 3 to 4 foot snake lying dead as we left the apartment complex. HUGE, THICK, MONSTROUS looking thing.

And then of course there are the sugar ants, the fire ants, the lovebugs, the spiders, the wasps, the hornets, and the flies.

I don't remember so many bugs living here, but maybe I just didn't remember a different life. After living in Ohio for 2 years, virtually bug free, I am amazed and astounded that these creatures seriously don't take over the world and get rid of us humans.

1 comment:

mom-in-training said...

I just read this and had to laugh! It is all so true... BUT - I was just in Ohio and those cicadas were swarming. They were EVERYWHERE. While out at a park, my mother-in-law had two of them land on her and I had one fly right past my ear. Yuck!