Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Am I The Only One Who Can Do Math?

Go here and read about what I consider to be a half-worthless move by the FDA.

In order to get a 1000mg dose of acetaminophen, I could pay $15 for a doctor copay, and then pay whatever insane copay my insurance says on a prescription, or I could just take 3 of the new Tylenol pills that will be coming out, since that will equal 975mg.

My guess, is that anyone who is smart enough to do the math, and not concerned with the possibility of liver damage, will take the 3 pills out of a regular over the counter bottle of Tylenol. After all, how long have we had this product on the market and been taking it at the 1000mg dose.

Another case of the government wasting a lot of time and money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congress didn't do well on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader." The Bills are so large with all the add-ons that they don't have time to read them. Dah! You are absolutely correct; they didn't do well in Math class. gp-d