Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Dog Vomit

Yes I have not blogged in a long time, and I promise to give you pictures and exciting stories soon.

In the meantime, I thought you would be intrigued by what I found today and then researched tonight.

We went outside briefly tonight and from across the yard I could see something strange in my garden. I walked over to find a large orangey mass that looked absolutely disgusting. After researching orange garden fungus', we have come to the conclusion that it goes under the name of orange slime mold, AKA dog vomit fungus. How disgusting is that??

Unfortunately it is an accurate description. Since when I looked at it, I thought along the same lines, but since we have no dog, and we installed a rabbit fence around the garden this year preventing critters, I figured it had to be something more scientific.

Now do we carefully collect and study it as a homeschooling family??

I think NOT!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to Nick's photo? Is he in timeout? There are a few folks who check for the latest happenings in Wee Land. ....gp-d