Monday, February 19, 2007

More Snow!!

We were supposed to get around an inch to maybe 3 inches of snow on Saturday. Instead, it snowed all day, and we got another 4 inches to add to the 6 or so we got before and then the ice that was on top of that, and the second does of 2 or 3 inches on top of that and the inch of ice on top of that.

So Saturday while Daddy was at work, I went out once more to shovel the snow off the driveway so he could get his car up into the garage when he got home. I would never admit it to him, but I actually like going out to shovel the snow. There is something about it that brings me back to childhood. I like pushing the shovel from one side to the other and throwing the snow into a big heap. I like seeing the driveway relatively clean, except for the ice left from before, and the big mounds of snow on either side of the driveway. I laugh at the fact that we can no longer see our bushes in front, and that our mailbox is slowly being buried alive. I like coming in with a chilly body and getting warm inside our house.

And while Katie begged to go out, Nicholas refused to even think about stepping foot outside. Two year olds do have some common sense. So when the neighbor came over to see if Katie could go out and play, I bundled her up and sent her out. From the comfort of indoors, I watched as she sledded down the hill the neighbors had made off their deck. And later after dinner, she and I went out and collected icicles. She found them absolutely amazing!


And we even had our own science experiment. We all chose times as to when our Monster Icicle that we brought in would melt. I chose 9:30, Mike chose 8:30, Katie chose 10, and Nick chose 2. Nick won!!

The snow has been lots of fun, but the weather is supposed to turn warmer and rain is expected. I am looking forward to getting rid of the remaining ice, but I still like the snow!

No comments: